Sterno® Brand Commitment to the Environment
Manufacturing Commitment to the Environment
The employees and management of The Sterno® Group embrace the responsibility to preserve and protect the environment.
As manufacturers we actively seek ways to improve our processes and reduce harmful impacts on the world we live in.
This obligation is reflected in the following commitments:
- Maintain an Environmental Management System.
- Ensure Environmental awareness for all employees.
- Maintain procedures to manage environmental impacts.
- Meet or exceed the requirements of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure delivery, use and storage of chemicals, raw materials and wastes are carried out in such a way to prevent pollution and minimize risk of air, land and water pollution, and in compliance with local, regional, and federal regulations and law governing the same.
- Continue our internal manufacturing policies and procedures of waste reduction, re-use and recycling activities.
- Regularly review our environmental performance.
- Set objectives and work towards targets to ensure continual improvement in environmental performance.
- Communicate these policies throughout our entire organization.
Sterno®’s Ongoing Efforts
- Labeling & Packaging Enhancements to Lessen Environmental Impact and Raise Awareness
- New Environmentally Sensitive Marketing Tools
- Ongoing Efforts to Implement Even More Efficient Manufacturing Practices
What Makes Our Chafing Fuel Eco-Green?
- Ethanol based products made from a renewable resource (sugarcane/corn)
- Zero harmful emissions
- Recyclable packaging
- Hottest burn temps in the industry
- Ethanol based products are non-toxic
- Super fast lighting and extinguishing
- No flareups or spills